Monday, January 21, 2008

Tomorrow is another day

Hope your day didn't suck.

I woke up a bit depressed, but not about the economy or credit card bills from Christmas. The cold weather has been beating me down, yes, but other than that, only two things are really beating me down these days.

1) I have roughly 35 years until retirement. Given social security's condition, 40-45 years is probably more realistic. That is, unless I slip and fall at the right fast food restaurant. And tying right into that...

2) I have a bad feeling the country is going to be run by either a flip-flopping, elite, smooth talking businessman or a person who doesn't seem to believe power belongs to the people, but rather, that is belongs solely in her family. Plus, she appeals most strongly to old, white women - which I am not.

No comments: