Saturday, January 19, 2008

Beef Trifle

Beef Trifle, a tasty little treat. From one of the greatest shows of all-time, Friends, Beef Trifle is the result of a Rachel cooking disaster. When two pages of the cookbook stuck together, the dish combined beef, jam, and custard. Beef Trifle was the result.

No matter what your taste buds desire, beef trifle can deliver. And that is what my blog will attempt to do. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. This blog has no focus except for what has recently flown to the top of my mind.

Best case scenario of this blog? Fans flock to the site...I hit my potential for being witty...somebody forwards this to Letterman and I land a job as a writer (where I'll subsequently go on strike)...millions of dollars results, and I get to reward all my friends who helped me in my ascension.

What will probably happen? I'll come out hot and heavy with a lot of posts. I will attract of loyal following of roughly five people, most with my same last name. As my work heats up, this blog will slow down and one day will fade away to nothingness.

Worst case scenario? I make fun of George Bush, and under the Patriot Act, I get thrown in a secret prison, tortured, "prosecuted", and instead of deported - sent to live somewhere terrible - like Atlanta.

7 comments:

Tor said...

i would love to do the "prosecuting"!! can't wait to see what lies ahead...

Anonymous said...

i saw the beef trifle episode during christmas break...friends humor never gets old.
Ok, i'm signing up..i'll be a fan.

The Lone Female said...

Hoo boy, that's funny. And while I don't have your same last name anymore, I'd love to be one of your 5 fans. You're a funny guy. You should travel around the world telling your funny jokes.

Rach said...

I'll bet Heather would be a fan - she knows you have opinions on just about everything!

Rachel Skulstad

Rebecca said...

i laughed out loud when i saw your blog name. i predict great success. and when you get on letterman, can you get me tickets? i haven't gone in like 3 years.

Anonymous said...

So you know me, I will probably NOT comment on your political blogs but you know I'll comment on any Friends reference! I miss your "journaling" that I was once forcing upon you so I am pretty excited for these reads!!

Robinopoly said...

Surely, surely it must be made and tried...