Sunday, February 10, 2008

Traffic lights

So Sarah and I went to the cities this weekend.

Living in a small town, I don't spend much time at traffic lights. There is one light in our entire county. Alexandria has some lights, but they move rather quickly.

These couple of days in the cities, I feel as if I've spent approximately 30% of my time sitting at traffic lights.

Those who lives in metropolitan areas, do you get used to it, or do you have growing angst about the amount of time spent waiting your turn in life.

I do dig all the shopping and restaurants though. One day we'll trade in small town living for bookstores and seafood.

4 comments:

jersey said...

I think it's all a matter of perspective. I have a hard time grokking people not accustomed to "city life". I don't understand only having one traffic light any longer. I don't understand leaving your doors unlocked. I don't understand small-town life.

Tor said...

i was shocked when sarah told me there was only one light in your entire COUNTY. bizarre. i don't mind lights if they don't last forever. and to me, the benefits waaaaay outdo the costs!!

Anonymous said...

I swear, Sioux Falls has some of the longest lights in the world. When I'm out and about I do feel like I spend half the time sitting in traffic. As nice as it would be to be in a smaller town, I'm convinced I now have to live within two minutes of Target and Starbucks.

The Lone Female said...

You need to blog more! More beef trifle!!